A global corporate events company is seeking a new lawyer to join their close knit team based in West London.
This role will provide support to the existing B2B division of the firm as well as offering ad hoc support to other event teams as required. On a day to day you can expect to be:
- Liaising with event and magazine teams
- Reviewing joint ventures and advising on structures/changes
- Assisting with post-completion requirements and integration
- Advising, negotiating and preparing contracts and precedents e.g. commercial contracts and trading agreements; standard terms of business; supply terms, advertising terms, agency and sales agreements and consultancy arrangements
- Reviewing business practices and monitoring compliance with data protection (GDPR), anti-bribery, Companies Act, EU/US sanctions and health and safety legislation and advising on compliance issues and issues raised in legal due diligence
- Advising on trade mark registrations, trade mark reviews on site at events and on websites and media channels, obtaining proof of use, assisting central trade mark office with requests for information
- Advising on copyright issues and other IP matters, including use of social media, use of YouTube and other media channels
- Assisting with company secretarial matters, such as drafting board minutes
- Assisting with litigation on contracts, trips and falls and insurance claims and instructing and managing external lawyers, where appropriate
The successful candidate should have experience of advising on trademarks, copyright and IP law, Data Protection Act/GDPR, Bribery Act and other compliance matters, contract and company law.
To discuss this in more detail please send a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.