Commercial Counsel – R&D Intelligence, Pharma
Our client is a leading provider of drug, device, company, clinical trial, and market intelligence in the pharmaceutical and medtech industries. They are seeking a Commercial Counsel on the East Coast to provide comprehensive commercial support to the business. This role is a great opportunity for those looking for a fully remote position.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of agreements with customers, vendors, partners, agents, distributors, resellers and other third parties, including SaaS agreements, data licenses, master services agreements, consulting and professional services agreements, marketing and advertising agreements, procurement contracts and additional complex commercial agreements
- Evaluate RFPs for customers, including government entities, identify legal issues, and assist with proposals, such as licensing agreements
- Deliver timely and accurate feedback to internal stakeholders as a means to support business aims
- Research and respond to general legal inquiries from in-house clients that relate to matters including local regulatory issues, partnerships, and software licensing, litigation, privacy, intellectual property, real estate and corporate and compliance matters
- Update various agreement templates to align with changing business policies, legal risks and regulatory and compliance requirements
- Support compliance initiatives through training and communications
- Manage corporate initiatives including establishing legal entities, record keeping, necessary filings etc.
- Support HR team in conjunction with external counsel
- Support management of IP portfolio
- Participate in local/cross-regional team projects
- Engage in culture of continuous improvement through identifying areas for development
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience at a law firm or in-house
- Experience with commercial law, drafting and negotiating national/cross-border agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Experience working with a high-achieving sales team
- Track record of building cross-functional stakeholder consensus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Technology/SaaS experience (preferred)
- International experience (preferred)
- Diversified in-house legal experience (plus)
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.