This would be an excellent opportunity to join a well established and highly regarded in-house legal team. You will ideally be between 4-8 years PQE, having trained and qualified in a city law firm and gained data protection or commercial experience, looking to further develop this in a dynamic in-house legal team.
Nature and Scope:
You provide legal advice in many different areas to Legal Affairs Functions and other areas of the business as required. Articulate and persuasive you will be able to progress strong negotiating positions with internal and external partners and will relish getting involved in new and varied matters.
- To support the provision of legal services to all corporate functions primarily by providing timely and commercially relevant legal advice in relation to a variety of contractual and statutory issues.
- To review, draft and support or lead (depending on complexity) in the negotiation of contracts and issues arising from their operation and management especially TMT, Research and Development and general Commercial contracts.
- To support corporate transactions and initiatives led by the Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions team
- To assist in creating and maintaining awareness of processes and procedures relating to compliance matters such as GDPR and IT Security
- To instruct, assist and manage external sources of legal advice where necessary.
- To liaise with and influence managers and other personnel regarding contractual positions, commercial strategy and approach to legal matters.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or Scotland.
- Relevant post qualification experience as a solicitor.
- Good level of competence and experience in dealing with: negotiating commercial contracts (including goods and services, software licences, partnerships and collaborations); advising on a range of commercial issues (in particular, data protection, IP and IT); and advising on corporate transactions.
- Proven experience in providing highly commercial advice on various privacy and data protection activities (including ad hoc queries, agreements, policies and procedures, impact assessments and compliance activities).
- Experience working with joint venture arrangements and other project vehicles, with a good understanding of relevant project/corporate arrangements (such as shareholder agreements).
- Demonstrates well rounded legal knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.