United Arab Emirates
11 months ago
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER, CORPORATE AND PROJECTS, HEAVY INDUSTRY
CLIENT: An interesting market player is looking to make a strategic hire of a Chief Legal Officer, who can sit at senior management team and stakeholder level, and help push forward growth and ambitions for the future. With a strong business plan, an international platform, and profitable work streams, the timing is right for them to expand.
ROLE: You will oversee a team and work closely with senior management in achieving the commercial objectives of the group, whilst maintaining the highest standards of legal, compliance and risk management practice. As the client has various offices, the role location could be flexible across the Middle East.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria for the role:
- It is essential that you have a strong private practice background from a top tier international firm.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 15+ years of experience (and probably more) in heavy industry / infrastructure or energy sectors, though other relevant sectors may also be considered.
- Mixed legal experience ideally covering corporate work (M&A, capital markets), projects, construction, project finance, and compliance / regulatory matters.
- Hands on leadership experience of building and managing teams, you cannot just be a deal runner.
- Arabic language skills would be an advantage but not a requirement.
- It is essential that you are very experienced at operating at C level and can show real strategy, bring business knowledge and market sector intelligence to the table.
This is an extremely rare position for a client with very high standards. Please contact us for a confidential discussion around your background and their needs.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.