Charities, 1-3 PQE
Junior to Mid-Level Associate – Charity & Social Enterprise Department
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the world? Are you eager to apply your legal expertise to support organizations dedicated to social change? Look no further! Our client, a leading law firm specialising in charity and social enterprise, is seeking a talented and motivated Junior to Mid-Level Associate to join their dynamic team.
Our client is a renowned law firm committed to providing exceptional legal services to charities, social enterprises, and nonprofit organisations. With over 40 years of experience, our firm has built a strong reputation for delivering innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their social and environmental goals.
- You will be advising charities, social enterprises, and educational organisations on a wide range of issues, including – establishment, incorporation, mergers, de-mergers and restructuring; joint ventures and collaborations; commercial contracts, including IP issues; regulatory and governance matters, including crisis management; fundraising; admissions and exclusions; academy conversions and transfers; and safeguarding.
- The work will often be innovative and challenging, working with leading lawyers in these fields to help inspiring clients to create positive impact. You will also have the opportunity to develop new skills and expertise, for example in the intersection between education law and charity and social enterprise law (as educational organisations often take one of these forms).
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You will be a UK qualified solicitor with c. 1 – 3 years post qualification experience gained in general commercial or corporate law. Experience in charity and social enterprise and/or education law, or in these sectors, would be an advantage. If you do not have such experience, full training and support will be provided.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in charities, social enterprises, and education organisations, is essential.
- You have the ability to build, maintain and nurture relationships.
- You have a client-centric approach
- You share our values and want to make a difference.
- You want to feel that you are a part of the Bates Wells experience and ‘belong’.
- You have a genuine interest in the work we do, we encourage questions about the business and invite you to test your assumptions and propose ideas.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.