car, pension, bonus
over 1 year ago
This would be an excellent opportunity to join a well established and highly regarded in-house legal team. You will ideally be between 2-8 years PQE, having trained and qualified in a city law firm and gained either corporate or commercial experience, looking to further develop this in a dynamic in-house legal team.
Nature and Scope:
You provide legal advice in many different areas to Corporate & Governance and Legal Affairs Functions and other areas of the business as required. Articulate and persuasive you will be able to progress strong negotiating positions with internal and external partners and will relish getting involved in new and varied matters.
- To support the provision of legal services to all corporate functions primarily by providing timely and commercially relevant legal advice in relation to a variety of contractual and statutory issues.
- To review, draft and support or lead (depending on complexity) in the negotiation of contracts and issues arising from their operation and management especially TMT, Research and Development and general Commercial contracts.
- To support corporate transactions and initiatives led by the Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions team
- To assist in creating and maintaining awareness of processes and procedures relating to compliance matters such as GDPR and IT Security
- To instruct, assist and manage external sources of legal advice where necessary.
- To liaise with and influence managers and other personnel regarding contractual positions, commercial strategy and approach to legal matters.
- Assist the business with identification and mitigation of legal and compliance risks
- To proactively engage with key business partners responding to their requirements and seeking to achieve the Company's ambitions.
- To develop and improve current precedents, guidance documents and updates to the business and promoting awareness of and compliance with legislation
- To provide training in relation to precedents and legal matters.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or Scotland.
- Experience of delivering a pro-active forward looking and business focused service
- Knowledge of one or more of commercial, IPR, Corporate or TMT law. Familiarity with property law may be useful.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and willingness to work in different areas of the law
- Strong, analytical, research and drafting skills
- Strong communication skills and a flexible team based approach
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.