Banking & Finance Associate – Mid-Level
- Contribute to excellent client service and perform fee-earning work under supervision.
- Make an effective contribution to the firm’s work.
- Build on legal and commercial knowledge in chosen practice area.
- Begin cultivating relationships with current client contacts where possible and in some instances, be a direct point of contact.
- Advising on various finance transactions, primarily corporate, acquisition and leveraged financing transactions
- Advising on infrastructure M&A and fund financings
- Assisting in the negotiating of transactions including taking the lead on smaller matters as well as the assisting and supervising of trainees
- Building relationships with clients, identifying and acting on opportunities
- Acting for lenders and borrowers in relation to general corporate and acquisition facilities
- Drafting and negotiating loan agreements
- Plan, prioritise and delegate work tasks as appropriate and update supervising partner on progress.
- Build client relationships – provide excellent client service and prompt responses and progress updates to the client.
- Support the firm and others – build effective relationships with individuals and groups in and across offices; uphold the firm’s values; and assist with the preparation of legal precedents, legal articles, marketing documents and presentations.
- Comply with risk requirements, firm policies and all relevant professional responsibilities and legislation.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Admission in England & Wales desirable
2 -4 years’ PQE with evidence of experience in acquisition finance and/or general banking
Strong foundation legal skills, including drafting, writing, negotiation and project management.
Strong desire to help further build the successful business and brand.
GROUP / TEAM DESCRIPTION
Finance – general finance and acquisition finance (LFA)
This firm has a broad-based lending practice that acts for lender, borrower and advisory clients on high-profile and complex acquisition, public bid and event-driven financings as well as corporate debt finance across the bank loan, private capital (private equity and debt funds) and private placement markets, both secured and unsecured. We are recognised as having one of the leading corporate debt practices in the market, seamlessly advising across the debt capital structure. In addition, the team advises on infrastructure M&A financings, fund finance as well as a broad range of general banking matters.
If you are interested in this role, or similar opportunities, please contact Michael Whooley on 07729078389 – firstname.lastname@example.org, for a confidential conversation.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.