New York, USA
about 1 month ago
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department - Deal Closer - Hybrid Schedule.
We are representing a well-known global asset management firm focused on long/short and long equity investing. They are seeking a driven and passionate Deal Closer; Investment Services to join their fast past NYC office.
The role of a Deal Closer in this company is to work in-step with the investment teams to project manage the smooth and timely closings of investments within the company's private markets. This involves clear and concise communication with various stakeholders.
The number of strategies covered by the Deal Closers, as well as the significant deal flow, requires extreme attention to detail and elite organizational skills. A general understanding of private sector investments along with creative thinking and proper time-management is vital in terms of effectively dealing with the complex nature of the deals and short timelines.
- Liaison with deal teams on timing of new investment approvals and closing requirements to operationalize
- Go-to resource for all process queries or application of processes /policies
- Be the main middle office point of contact for external counterparties such as counsels, custodians, and KYC / AML agents to receive and process equity transaction documents and funding on a timely basis.
- Ensure accurate and timely funding information to external partners to facilitate closing
- Collaboration with internal teams to ensure timely exchange of KYC documentation and funding for new investments, evidence of deal closings and resolution of any queries.
- Upload complete records of closing documentation to the document management system.
- Opportunistic ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Deal Closer Team
Advantageous to have:
- General familiarity of the investment sector and general knowledge of private sector investing
- Awareness documentation of private transactions, company secretarial practices and the nuances of PE transactions
- Appreciation of the commercial, governance, legality of deal documents and regulatory environment for private sector transactions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deals at any given time.
- 5-7 years' experience middle office support in investment documentation/ structuring and operations
- Experience as a paralegal will be considered an asset
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.