Sydney, New South Wales
Market leading salary offered
3 months ago
Our client is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for their clients, their employees and the communities in which they work.
A top tier Australian firm is looking to hire Associates and Senior Associates for their national Employment & Safety practice to be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth. The team advises on all areas of employment, industrial relations, discrimination and work health and safety law.
The Employment & Safety Team works closely with their clients to manage employment and safety risks, protect corporate reputation and promote their clients as employers of choice. The team is committed to delivering exceptional client care.
As a member of the Employment & Safety practice, you will work closely with many parts of the Firm, each with unique backgrounds and life experiences. The firm has long been committed to inclusion and diversity and attribute this quality to their success. Clients work with this firm because of its diverse teams, together with a reputation for market-leading quality and service.
The firm is in a significant and exciting growth phase and are looking to expand the team with high calibre Associates and Senior Associates. As a member of this experienced and friendly team within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career.
You'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
The range of services provided by our client's Employment & Safety Group is varied. Your role within this team could typically include:
- managing disputes and litigation in tribunals and courts;
- advising on employment, industrial relations, discrimination and safety matters;
- managing large underpayment and other employment compliance reviews and regulatory matters;
- assisting clients with enterprise bargaining and managing industrial disputes;
- advising on restructuring and the employment aspects of corporate transactions;
- advising on safety compliance and response to safety incidents; and
- conducting or advising on workplace investigations.
You will work closely with clients to understand their businesses and to find better ways to manage their employment, industrial relations, discrimination and work health and safety challenges.
You will have access to the firm's extensive client base to explore and develop new opportunities and deliver outstanding service. Your role will support several of Australia's largest employers with unique and challenging work environments.
Our team works seamlessly, so you will be able to work on matters in any jurisdiction. This will give you variety in the work that you do and the ability to work with many parts of the firm.
What You'll Bring
- Experience working in an employment and safety team, ideally at a large law firm, international law firm, boutique firm or an in-house position.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as an employment and safety lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
If you'd like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact me for a confidential conversation.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.