Sydney, New South Wales
4 months ago
Firm / Practice Group Profile
Our client is one of the largest law firms in the world with more than 40 offices located in key capital cities and world commercial and financial centres across five continents.
The emerging growth and venture capital practice represents venture funds, corporate investors, and individuals in connection with their investment in start-up and early stage, emerging growth companies.
These engagements have involved venture capital financing, acquisitions and disposals of portfolio companies, recapitalizations, restructurings, and liquidity and realization events, including initial public offerings.
The team also represents many start-up and early stage, emerging growth companies across diverse industries, and work with these companies from formation, through the various stages of their financing activities, and in their strategic join venturing, acquisitions and disposals, and liquidity transactions. Some of the world's leading businesses have turned to our client for assistance and guidance with their most important opportunities and challenges as young companies.
You will focus on M&A and private equity/venture capital transactions across a range of industries, particularly in the technology, financial services, health and energy industries (domestic and cross-border).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team and work autonomously with support and mentoring.
On a day to day basis you will have the chance to
- advise and act for local and multinational organisations
- advise on a range of corporate and commercial matters including Mergers and Acquisitions, private equity and venture capital market transactions
- participate in business development and client relationship activities
- provide mentoring to junior lawyers working on transactions
- contribute to the firm's learning and development program in area of specialty
- access and work with our global network of lawyers and resources
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- 4+ year's postqualified legal experience working in a medium to large sized law firm in a corporate/commercial practice
- Prior experience in venture capital transactions (or a keen interest to further develop these skills)
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and work well in a team
- Excellent technical abilities, be commercially minded, along with excellent organisation, written and oral communication skills
- Structured mentoring program
- Professional development programs
- Strategic planning program for business development
- Momentum Program for women and men who are taking a period of parental leave and wish to stay on career track
- 14 weeks paid parental leave regardless of gender
- Flexible working options
- Salary continuance insurance
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke.
D: 02 9236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.