Sydney, New South Wales
12 days ago
Our client's Sydney office is growing and we have a new opportunity for an Associate or Senior Associate to join their Band 1 Banking & Finance team.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Group, getting the opportunity to work within one of the largest and most diverse groups of banking specialists in the region, and with a broad range of clients. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop within this team.
As an Associate/Senior Associate in our client's Banking & Finance team, you will work with dedicated lawyers advising lenders and borrowers throughout the region and globally. The team works across the full spectrum of financing transactions including project finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, securitisation and debt capital markets, asset finance and corporate and property finance.
The team is ranked Band 1 for Banking and Finance by Legal500. This is one of the few firms to feature on every major legal panel in the Australian finance market. They advise some of the world's leading financial institutions, as well as regularly acting for a large number of financial sponsors and corporate borrowers across a range of industries on their financing transactions.
The team's client base is comprised of Australian major banks and international banks, the State Government, as well as private and listed corporates.
Breadth of Work
The range of work undertaken by the Banking & Finance team is varied and your role within the team could typically include advising clients on financing arrangements relating to:
- The structure and documentation for greenfield or brownfield projects
- Acquisition and leverage
- General corporate financing
We welcome applications from lawyers who have
- Experience working in a Banking and Finance team, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm.
- Experience in an in-house legal team is also highly regarded.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Banking & Finance Lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
Please contact me for a confidential discussion:
T: 02 9236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.