Associate – International Trade & Regulatory
International Trade Associate – Elite US Law Firm
Our client, an elite US law firm with a well-established office in Central London is currently seeking a capable and ambitious International Trade Associate to join them on a permanent basis. Our client is recognised as having one of the leading international trade law teams in the UK and internationally. This role offers exposure to a diverse range of international trade matters, including export controls, sanctions, customs, free trade agreements, anti-dumping, WTO, anti-bribery, corruption, and foreign investment.
Our client is open to considering profiles of Trade Solicitors with between 1 and 6 years of PQE, with the ideal level being between 3 and 6. As an Associate within this group, you will be a key part of a dynamic team, providing pragmatic and commercially sound advice to clients. This role encompasses a broad spectrum of international trade, anti-bribery, and product regulatory matters. You will have the chance to actively contribute to business development, driving the growth of the firm and cultivating strong client relationships.
As part of this exceptional team, you’ll be at the forefront of international trade law, navigating complex compliance strategies with precision. Our client’s global expertise spans export controls, sanctions, customs, free trade agreements, anti-dumping, WTO, product regulation, anti-bribery & corruption, and foreign investment review.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Advise clients on customs, export controls, sanctions, anti-dumping, WTO, product regulatory, anti-bribery, corruption, and foreign investment matters.
- Develop in-depth client relationships by understanding their businesses, economic drivers, and sector requirements.
- Directly engage with clients, taking on responsibilities aligned with your readiness, fostering a culture of skill-driven work allocation.
- Actively participate in business development initiatives and promote the firm, seeking opportunities for new work.
- Work collaboratively in a team, supervising junior lawyers, sharing knowledge, and contributing to the overall success of the practice.
Ideal person specification:
- Qualified lawyer with between 1 and 6 years of PQE.
- Current experience in the International Trade department of a leading firm.
- First-rate technical skills to support client work.
- Demonstrable business development experience.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills.
- Initiative, proactivity, and a client-first culture.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to take responsibility for client relationships.
- High work standards with flexibility in work practices.
- Outstanding communication skills, adapting style as required.
- Ability to work well in both team and individual settings.
Our client is offering a salary at the very top of the US pay scale in London along with a comprehensive benefits package. This role offers the opportunity to work on some of the highest-quality matters in relation to International Trade along with a department known for offering genuine development and progression opportunities.
Please apply now if you wish to be considered.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.