Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
9 months ago
ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, LEADING M&A, ABU DHABI
A top tier Abu Dhabi based employer is seeking a world class M&A lawyer to join their expanding, high quality legal team.
CLIENT: A major player in their sector, this employer has great ambitions and the timing in the market is ideal for their plans.
ROLE: You will join as Associate General Counsel and have primary responsibility for their M&A. All other areas of work typically assigned to senior lawyers handling in-house roles, is already carved up amongst other individuals, leaving you to focus purely on running very large and complex international M&A. You will have the opportunity to grow and lead a team.
CANDIDATE There are very rarely opportunities in the market for pure M&A roles, and consequently, the client has high expectations regarding suitable candidates, and guideline criteria is listed below:
- Common law qualified
- At least 10+ years of experience in large scale international M&A.
- Hands on experience from a major financial / legal market (either London or New York are ideal).
- It is essential that you have trained and qualified or spent significant time in the M&A department of a very highly regarded international law firm.
Who is this best suited to?
- A partner, or counsel level lawyer who has grown and led teams from a world class law firm.
- A General Counsel, or Deputy General Counsel level lawyer who has led M&A transactions in-house.
- Preferably someone who has done both.
You need not be based in the Middle East right now, but exposure and an understanding of the market will be hugely beneficial.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.