Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
about 1 year ago
ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL, BROAD COMMERCIAL ROLE, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: We have just been retained exclusively to work with a very prestigious US entity, who are looking for a new Associate General Counsel to support the current legal team in Abu Dhabi.
ROLE: You will be required to pick up a wide variety of work across general commercial, technology, IP, employment, regulatory and compliance. The role will be extremely hands on and involve very close contact with the commercial side of the business. You will also work closely with the US based General Counsel, but have a large degree of autonomy on day to day matters.
CANDIDATE: There are some strongly desirable criteria for the role:
- US higher education or qualification (not mandatory)
- Strong experience of general commercial contracts will also be important and Arabic is useful but not essential
- An understanding of US compliance and regulatory issues will also be a big advantage
- Exposure to employment law
- Current or previous Middle East experience
- Expected to be around 10+ years' PQE
SUMMARY: Very unusual and high quality role.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.