Assistant Company Secretary
We are working with an international mining company who are looking for their first Assistant Company Secretary to join the London team.
Reporting to the Group General Counsel, you will provide comprehensive support to the organisation in managing corporate governance, regulatory compliance and board administration while working closely with senior management, the board and external stakeholders.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and update statutory registers, corporate records and other legal documentation, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Prepare and file necessary statutory filings, including 6-Ks, annual returns, resolutions and other
- company-related documents with regulatory bodies (e.g. SEC, TISE, NYSE Listing Manager)
- Assist Group General Counsel with preparation of relevant sections of 20-F including engagement with
- Monitor changes in corporate governance regulations, listing requirements and other relevant laws (eg. IOM legislation, SEC regulations, NYSE rules and codes) to provide proactive advice and ensure compliance
- Ownership of Limited company compliance and reporting obligations for the Isle of Man, UK, NY subsidiary and Australian and Tanzanian entities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified solicitor or qualified company secretary
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in a UK or US listed company and have familiarity with NYSE listing requirements and international corporate governance frameworks
- Proficient in use of relevant company secretarial software (Blueprint Oneworld or similar)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.