10 months ago
Our client is a leader in the agribusiness and food industry, they are involved in sourcing, trading, processing and transporting grain and ingredients. A unique opportunity is available for an experienced lawyer to establish their APAC legal function.
You will be expected to work independently and be involved in advising on legal and compliance issues arising from the business spanning across the entire Asia Pacific region.
Working closely with key management stakeholders, this is an exciting role where you have the chance to make a significant impact and contribution to the business.
- Provide day-to-day legal and compliance support within the APAC region, working with the business leaders to achieve division and company goals.
- Actively work with division leaders to develop creative and compliant alternatives and solutions in diverse matters by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal and compliance matters in accordance with management direction, legal team strategies, and company policies.
- Advise on business transactions and provide commercial contracting guidance and leadership for various agreements, including, but not limited to, day-to-day operational agreements, NDAs, strategic partnerships, product-focused arrangements, real estate agreements, and technology focused agreements.
- Provide day-to-day counsel and legal advice on matters for the APAC Division involving commercial transactions, commodities trading, credit facilities, liens and other secured transaction issues, insurance coverage and claims, IT contracts and services, NDAs, transportation issues, real estate matters, services, business transaction contract matters, strategic business partnerships, and trade contract disputes.
- Support merger, acquisition, and divestiture activity legal support for the APAC Division.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to the company's relationships with key customers and other partners in APAC
- Identify and assess existing and emerging business practice issues and risks.
- Common-law qualified lawyer with a degree/Masters/JD from a reputable law school and experience with a top tier law firm.
- Between four (4) and eight (8) years prior experience in the following areas: acting as an international generalist in a number of Asia-Pacific jurisdictions (preferably with experience in southeast Asia).
- Experience in the agribusiness, food, and/or logistics industry.
- Historic and/or current experience in acting as an Asia Pacific focused generalist, including intensive and detailed contract drafting and analysis, employment, compliance, and commercial transactions experience and management.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.