This role will suit a commercially focussed lawyer, with excellent academics and top city training. The role will focus on corporate negotiations, providing support to the trading and shipping departments and working closely with other areas of the business. Work undertaken will include:
- advising on upstream oil and gas agreements and transactions (principally transportation agreements, joint ventures, confidentiality agreements);
- supporting the crude oil trading department in the preparation of tenders, negotiating FOB crude oil sale and purchase agreements, advising on disputes with counter-parties and related activities;
- general legal advice to the UK business and other subsidiary companies;
- anti-bribery and corruption, trade sanctions and competition law issues;
- assisting other team members in negotiations, legal research and drafting.
A suitable candidate will possess the following qualities:
- a proven track record as a company and commercial lawyer (ideally with corporate oil and gas, trading or shipping experience) either in-house with an energy company or with a leading law firm;
- experience of working on significant transactions and managing multiple work streams;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- resourcefulness, with the capability to work as part of a team or independently, as required;
- the ability to meet the challenges of working in an operations and production driven business, where commercial solutions are required daily.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.