The lack of diversity within corporate and in-house legal teams is becoming increasing prevalent, highlighted by a groundswell of support to have all minority groups fairly represented. The legal profession has been slow to redress this imbalance and we wish to explore ways that we can support companies achieve more diverse in-house legal teams.
Taylor Root recently hosted a webinar on Diversity & inclusion: How can in-house legal teams redress the imbalance?. We assembled the following panel to discuss their exposure to diversity and inclusion and initiatives they have implemented within their respective organisations to bring about change;
- Clarissa Coleman – Partner @ K&L Gates. Chair of London Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Simon White – General Counsel (EMEA & LATAM) – Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Audrey Lartey – previously Senior Solutions Consultant – LinkedIn
- Funmi Adegoke – General Counsel, Halma plc
- Roianne Nedd – Global Inclusion & Diversity Lead – Oliver Wyman
Over the next few weeks we will hear from each panellist on a range of questions we posed to them including;
- Why in 2020 are we still struggling with the diversity of in-house legal teams?
- What are the challenges for BAME lawyers progressing within the legal profession?
- What are the challenges from a law firm perspective that potentially impacts the diversity of talent flowing through to in-house legal teams?
- What are some creative ways to proactively source candidates from underrepresented communities?
- How do we integrate diversity into talent management strategies?
- How does unconscious bias hinder creating a diverse workforce
- How do we get leadership teams on board with diversity and inclusion initiatives?
- What has COVID taught us about diversity & inclusion – has it created more challenges or more opportunities?
To effect meaningful and sustainable improvements, all of us must work together across the legal industry. We can all impact this change by focusing on diversity within our own teams and companies, creating inclusive work cultures and examining our own bias, unconscious or otherwise.
Video 1 – Simon White, General Counsel – Cognizant Technology Serviceshttps://www.youtube.com/embed/8mEFrn5ybHY?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taylorroot.com
Video 2 – Clarissa Coleman, Partner at K&L Gates LLPhttps://www.youtube.com/embed/ltsoNQ8Dvvc?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taylorroot.com
Video 3 – Funmi Adegoke, Group General Counsel at Halma PLChttps://www.youtube.com/embed/GTB3wrlK_Ro?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taylorroot.com
Video 4 – Roianne Nedd, Global Inclusion and Diversity Lead at Oliver Wymanhttps://www.youtube.com/embed/RyQeDZUoXsM?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taylorroot.com
Full Webinar Videohttps://www.youtube.com/embed/M7aUncftWNs?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.taylorroot.com