Taylor Root recently hosted an event at LinkedIn's office with guest speaker, Bjarne Tellmann, General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer, Pearson Plc. Bjarne discussed his insight into Building an Outstanding Legal Team, based on his extensive experience heading up legal teams at Pearson Plc and Coca-Cola and also at top US law firms. Bjarne has recently published a book of the same title and our Q&A covered:
- The cornerstones of building a legal team from scratch
- Advice for General Counsels who inherit a team
- The challenges of managing and hiring lawyers from different generations
- How important it is for General Counsels to be on the executive board
- The evolution of the legal profession to be more business focused
To read the full Q&A please click the following link: Building an Outstanding Legal Team . Please let me know if you would like a PDF version.
If you have any questions or comments, or wish to discuss the market generally please do not hesitate to contact me.